Located in a state that distinguishes itself with high-quality academic institutions, Boston College has earned recognition as standing out among its peers for the online Master of Healthcare Administration degree program. Successful Student, a website dedicated to connecting students with the best schools, recently ranked the Boston College program as among the best online MHA programs in the country and of the colleges and universities listed, Boston College is the highest ranked college in New England. Boston College “provides a supportive academic environment with a general emphasis on service, leadership, and citizenship throughout all of the courses,” according to successfulstudent.org.
Best Online MHA Rankings
Overall, Successful Student ranked Boston College 11th nationwide among the best online MHA programs. The site ranked programs based on the program quality, the type of courses available, the quality of faculty involved with the MHA program, awards, rankings, reputation, and the quality of the online education process.
Boston College received recognition in a variety of areas, including providing an employer-aligned program. The site also noted advantages such as three different start dates for the program each year, which allows students more flexibility in earning their degree. Successful Student also noted that Boston College prepares students by building on the National Center for Healthcare Leadership Competency Model with five areas of emphasis: leadership, professionalism, and ethics; communications and relationships; management and strategy; measurement and analysis; and knowledge of the healthcare environment.
Advantages of Boston College MHA
The attraction of entering healthcare administration is self-explanatory for those who look at the numbers. The federal government projects a 20% increase in the number of healthcare administrators by 2026. Nationally, healthcare administrators make a median annual salary of $111,680 – in Massachusetts, that number is $128,730. Beyond these practical considerations, those who seek a Healthcare Administration Master’s Degree want to spend their career working toward providing patients with the best healthcare possible. Few places offer a better opportunity to do this than Massachusetts, where the number of healthcare administrators is expected to increase almost 16% by 2026.
Pursuing an MHA from Boston College through the online format provides many advantages to students. In addition to the program’s overall quality and employer-aligned curriculum, Boston College also offers:
- The ability to earn an online MHA in less than two years
- Connection to the Boston College family, with all the advantages of a network including fellow classmates, faculty and industry board members
- Six- to eight-week course formats
- An industry webinar series and professional association meetings
- A combination of self-paced coursework and live lectures
- A competency-based learning model that counts a student’s experience
- An executive coach who supports students in many ways, including creating a personalized development plan and developing their professional network
- Classes that focus on healthcare quality and change management, leadership, human resources management, information technology, ethics, law, analytics, financial management, and strategic planning and marketing
Boston College’s ranking among the best online MHA programs in the country is the latest in a long series of awards and honors. This includes ranking 38th best college in the country by U.S. News and World Report, ranking among the “Best College Values” by Kiplinger’s, and ranking among “America’s Top Colleges” by Forbes.